Join Yoga Playgrounds founder Leslie Wilda for this foundational, interactive training that will prepare you for teaching yoga and mindfulness to kids in a variety of settings.
This 8 hour training will will provide you with the necessary tools and inspiration to begin sharing yoga and mindfulness with kids ages 3-12 immediately. It is ideal for teachers, parents, caregivers, social workers, counselors and absolutely anyone who works with children. No prior yoga experience is required.
This training is approved through the Oregon Registry and satisfies professional development requirements for Oregon early childhood educators. Set 2 / CKC:HGD. There is a $50 discount for each participant that registers from the same school. Email us for a code!
This training is also approved through Yoga Alliance for continung education hours.
Location: Children’s Hour Academy, 17650 SW 65th Ave, Lake Oswego, OR 97035
In this training participants will learn:
- Child friendly yoga poses and ways to have fun in the poses
- Yoga games, breathing exercises, visualizations, mindfulness activities and relaxation techniques
- Creating and using themes, stories and props
- Lesson planning
- Behavior management techniques
- Sample lesson plans
- Marketing and business tips so you can start teaching right away
- Training manual and thorough list of useful resources
- Opportunities to teach kids in schools with Yoga Playgrounds