Children’s Yoga Teacher Training
An inspiring training for those who wish to share the gifts of yoga in a fun and playful way with children ages 2-12.
Dates: March 2-3, 2019
Times: Saturday 9am-5pm, Sunday 9am-5pm
Location: Yoga Shala, Portland, OR
Tuition and materials: $499 (Early bird price of $449 before February 3)
Enjoy a weekend of discovery and learning with Yoga Playgrounds founder Leslie Wilda as she shares the tools and knowledge needed to effectively teach yoga and mindfulness to kids ages 2-12.
Whether you are seeking to incorporate what you learn into your current work with children or looking to teach yoga to children as a career, this training will provide you with the necessary tools and inspiration to begin doing so immediately. No prior yoga experience is necessary.
Who should attend:
- yoga teachers and yoga students
- preschool – grade 5 educators
- occupational/physical therapists
- social workers
- camp counselors
- physical education teachers
- and anyone who regularly works with children
The Yoga Playgrounds training curriculum includes:
- over 150+ child friendly yoga poses and ways to have fun in the poses
- partner and group poses
- yoga games
- breathing exercises appropriate for children
- mindfulness and relaxation techniques
- visualizations for children
- creating and using themes and stories
- prop suggestions and ways to incorporate them in class
- the power of affirmations and how to give positive and constructive feedback
- lesson planning and sequencing
- behavior management techniques
- sample lesson plans
- observation of a live kids yoga class
- practice teaching with your peers
- marketing and business tips so you can start teaching right away
- thorough list of useful resources
- potential opportunities to teach kids in schools with Yoga Playgrounds
A passion for yoga and a love for children is at the core of this training, and is ideal for those new to yoga as well as experienced teachers looking for ways to keep their classes fresh and engaging. Please join us for this incredibly fun, inspirational and highly educational course.
The hours for this course can be applied to CEUs. This course is limited to 20 people. Reserve your space now!